Thursday, April 18, 2013

Progress

Right: Two weeks ago. Left: Today.


I've been struggling with putting up "progress" pictures. I know that they inspire people, my friend's pictures have inpsired me. However, I'm not sure if it has to do with my small town bringing up, my complete embarrassment, or just my shyness, but I find it hard...
 
But because I've promised myself to experience every struggle, joy, and accomplishment throughout this process, I will post progress pictures.
 
Today's picture is of my face. I looked back on my Instagram and tried to find one as close to the one I took today from over a week ago. I can see a difference now that they are put next to eachother.
 
All week I've had people comment on my face and how it's thinning out, and of course I can't see it. You would think after looking at something so much you would notice small differences.
 
Anyway, tonight I plan on putting some pics up of me in shorts and a white sheer tank top. You'll get to see how big I was, without me feeling like I'm "naked". Then, once I reach my -15 lbs goal (6 lbs away!!) I will do pictures in shorts and sports bra.
I've realized that seeing those pics I'll be motivated...just like the picture above motivates me.
 
I also weigh in once a week, on a Saturday. I think finding out those numbers on a weekend keeps me motivated and accountable to continue good eating and exercise even on the weekends. (My past attempts would be rouined during the weekends..)
 
So every Saturday, I will post a picture of what the scale says.
I have been keeping track of the numbers on my phone, so this Saturday I will post the picture of my "notes" on my Iphone that has all the numbers documented. Then from now on, you will see what the scale says. :)
 
I'm being as vulnerable as I can throughout this process. That's going to be a huge obstacle I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment