Monday, May 27, 2013

Another Mile. Another Workout. Another Great Day. Another Win.

So, I woke up this morning and made a yummy breakfast!
I made 2 eggs with spinach, lean turkey, and a sprinkle of cheese on top with a side of half a grapefruit! 

I then decided to check in with my friend, Tamara.(She has a blog too, so click here to follow it). She has lost I believe over 50 lbs and has recently made goals about beating her previous times for running a mile. I wanted to see what she did and didn't do when it came to running (since everyone knows I don't run). She gave me the following advice: listen to your body. So, after I ate and did some morning stretching because yesterday's workout and run did leave my body going "what the heck?" I decided to give the mile a try again. I wanted to beat my time but I was going to do it without looking at my Sports Tracker app because I simply wanted to see if I could do it a second day in a row. 

I started off really strong. I felt my speed was up and that I was breathing even better than the day before. I did the same route, so I knew when I needed to look at my app and this is what I saw:


In case you didn't notice, I beat my time by 26 seconds and increased my average speed by .2. My maximum speed was 6.6. Yesterday it was 6.0. When I saw the time and stopped the timer, I literally started crying. I started walking home with Jeremy Camp (christian music) in my ear buds while I just cried. I kept saying, "Thank You Lord. Thank You for my strength"For the first time in probably ever...I was proud of myself. I was ready to shout it to the moon and back! I did it! 

So after doing some laundry and visiting with Aislinn (always so nice to go hang out and see my crazy nieces) I went home and made lunch. Here is what I had:


Lean turkey, cheese, tomato, lettuce, a smidge of ranch, bean chips and a half of a grapefruit. 

After having lunch I decided to treat myself to a movie. The Hangover III. It was HILARIOUS! Go watch it! I was also proud of myself because I used to LOVE a huge dr. pepper and a bucket of popcorn, but today I took my own healthy snakes. Cheese stick and a nature valley peanut butter granola. yummy. 

Got pretty to go to a movie! 


After the movie, I went to Laura's to do a workout with her and Jason. They had already done a workout but were awesome enough to let me do mine at their house plus they did another circuit with me! :) I accomplished my planks again! A couple weeks ago I gave Laura the worst attitude because I felt like I wasn't strong enough but last night and tonight I did them!



After a long day of successes and spending time with awesome people, I'm tired! I have work tomorrow and then on Friday I will be heading to WA to spend time with my family. I won't have cell or internet access so expect a full on report when I get back! It will be challenge to eat clean around family and graduation parties but I have a gym back home and I'm excited to see what I can accomplish on my own at home for 5 days!!! 

Here is a pic I'm going to share with everyone. On the LEFT: 3 weeks ago. RIGHT: today! I see a difference! Loving results. Progress pics play a huge role in my motivation. The numbers of course do too and the way I feel but when I feel down, I look back at comparison pictures and it all proves to me WHY I'm doing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment