Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Mental Shift Changed My Life

Here is a rant: I hate when people ask me what my "secret" is. Seriously? There is no secret. It's the same thing every single person who sees lasting results does! I don't use pills, mixes, or wraps. Honestly, the biggest and best thing that happened that can be praised for my results is a mental shift



I was talking to Laura before our first hike and I was completely honest as to why I wanted to lose weight. 

  • Be confident
  • Feel great in any piece of clothing
  • Be a mom in the future
  • Hike mountains & camp
  • Run for cancer, not walk, but RUN 
  • Inspire people

Talking to her, I knew none of those things would happen if I kept my life style and habits the same. So, from our first hike on, I let any embarrassment or reservations about self confidence aside and pushed to do what had to be done! Every small result kept me going and pushing until I reached my next one.

Now, I know that I post A LOT of pictures especially comparison pictures but yes, they keep me accountable. This is a journey that I want to document. I am gaining more than muscle and the fact that I'm losing weight. I'm gaining confidence, strength, and self esteem. 

Now here are some pictures and stories for the day! 

I cannot believe that I'm actually getting a waist line. I know I still have a long way to go, but I'm excited to see where I'll be at the end of the summer! 


L: October 31. R: Today. 
 For breakfast, I was in a hurry and ate: a string cheese, hard boiled egg, and part of a grapefruit. 

My allergies were a lot better today! 

For lunch I had a chicken salad and some broccoli. 
Afternoon snack: Apple, less than 2 tsp of natural peanut butter, a little drizzle of honey, and topped with granola with almonds. 

 I ran a mile before our actual workout. 

Our workout consisted of the following:


Each exercise Jillian demonstrates, we did 20 times X3. 
20 push ups X3
15 standing rows X3
20 squats X3
50 donkey kicks on each leg X3
20 scissors on each leg X3







For dinner: a couple pieces of deer backstrap, half of a tiliapia, lettuce, light cheese and just a drizzle of ranch, with corn. 



This is what it looks like when you're getting low on groceries. Can't wait to go shopping next week & stock up! :) Either way, I try to be as healthy as possible by not buying boxed items or processed foods. 

I'm so excited to see what this week has in store! I think I might limit to how much I post this week. If I feel the need to rant or ramble, I will, but I need to focus on my workouts and eating right. I would LOVE to have an extra 30-60 minutes a night to do nothing. Haha. But we shall see, I might end up blogging every night like usual. 

Well, I'm off to enjoy my night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment