Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Vacation Summary: The Good, the Bad, & Oh....the Memories...

Friday, May 31, I left Missoula at 6:00 p.m. and headed to Coeur d Alene. I got my Aunt Dawns house at 8 p.m. I spent the night there, visiting with her, my cousin, J.T, and Bob! The next morning, I woke up to plans to go workout with my Aunt Sue at the YMCA in Spokane Valley. 

By 9:15, my Aunt Sue (who has lost around 30ish pounds I believe) and I were at the YMCA to do a morning workout. It was AWESOME! I haven't been in an actual gym in some time, so it was different, but the two machines we worked on were great! We did about a hour workout and I definitely felt the burn! After our workout, my aunt made me a HEALTHY and delicious breakfast! It makes my heart so warm and happy knowing that I have such a great support group. 
My Aunt Sue is definitely looking FABULOUS!!!


After getting a shower and picking up my cousin, Jackie, I headed off to my cousin, Dakotah's graduation! I have to admit, I cried like a little baby. He was always this blonde haired little boy that I got annoyed with and then when he got older, he would scare me with snakes and bugs. In the Fall, he is off to U of I and he did FANTASTIC with all of his scholarships! Such a gifted student! 

Dakotah & I at his reception.

I think the BBQ food was a challenge, because I wanted to try EVERYTHING, but the options that my aunt angel had were great. :)

Later that night, I went to go visit my sister, Julie who I hadn't seen in FOREVER. I almost think it was around 9 or so months, maybe longer. I LOVED visiting with her and my brother in law, Merv. They both crack me up. Merv was so kind and made my chicken on the grill without BBQ sauce. I tried asparagus for the first time, it was good! I'm definitely going to have it more often. :) 





The next day, my middle sister, Christy graduated high school. Talk about emotional! I'm so proud of the person she's becoming. I know that she will do great at whatever comes her way! 

Me, Christy, & our momma at graduation.

The Diploma!!!!!
For the most part of the week, I volunteered in the morning at my old job, The Senior Meal Site. Working with my old boss, Lody again felt so great! She is a true friend and I was so glad I saw her every day! On Wed, I went to a picnic by the elementary school, the food was healthy. I was surprised to see that the buns they did have for hot dogs or hamburgers were whole wheat! 

Here are some workout photos! 

Christy and I hit the gym :)

My best mile has been 12:11, so this time I didn't beat it but I did change up the speed from 4.5, 6.0, & 7.5. It was a tough run and I felt in my legs and lungs after. Phew!



   
On the L: 253 in October and R: 217 :)
I did go out with friends a couple times and had a great time! Seeing my friends and especially my best friend, Alicia made me fall in love with "home" all over again!

Love her! :) 

So, yesterday I celebrated my neice's birthday and then made a late trip to Seeley Lake so I didn't work out. Today was my first workout back with my FAVORITE workout partner, Laura! I missed her and her family more than I thought I would. I'm so excited to continue this journey with her and work our butts off! :) 





I know this is a short and kind of "choppy" blog post, but my allergies are KILLING me and I'm exhausted. I went home from work and spent the day fighting my watery eyes, stuffy/running nose, sore throat, and foggy head! 

I think the hardest part of the trip was eating, definitely. I did my best and am proud because.......I LOST 5 LBS on vacation! :) I'm now 217! Hello -25 lbs since April 6! Whoo hoo! I have a couple ideas I thought of while I was on vacation that I will go into further tomorrow and later this week, but for now, I'm going to hopefully get some rest and be able to function tomorrow at work instead of wanting to cry and blow my nose on my paper work! 

XOXO.

1 comment:

  1. That is so amazing that you have such a supportive family!!! It really does make the journey that much easier :-) Nice job being so proactive on your vacation and doing what you needed to d most of the time

    ReplyDelete