Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Non Scale Victory!

Today was a great day! It seems like with the more work I put in, the more I see results and feel great because I know I'm doing what it takes to be healthy! 

This morning I was trying to find something to wear (it was a little dreary out again...). I remember about 4 weeks ago I found a size 14 pants from American Eagle in my closet that I bought in high school. I remember I couldn't get them over the tops of my thighs to even try to button them. Feeling brave, I decided I would try again to see what type of progress I've made.

 Now, I can see that my trouble area is definately my tummy region...it always has been, but let me tell ya...I felt so dang good, I didn't care. I was able to button the pants & WALK....I didn't care how big my stomach looked, I was wearing the dang pants! LOL


L: October R: Today
For lunch, I forgot it at home...AGAIN. I think I'm so tired at the end of the night I just don't want to do it. Haha. So, I ran into my bro & sis at the UC on campus and bought the healthiest thing possible. (Refused the wings and pizza and pizza hut!). I ordered a tuna melt (without mayo) topped with swiss cheese on wheat bread. Then I had a medium smoothy of non fat milk, banana, natural peanut butter. It was yummy. I felt full but not heavy! :) 

So, before tonight's workout Laura took a trip down memory lane! The fun part was also putting the pants on and able to pull a few inches away from my stomach! :D She and I wore the same size pants at our heaviest. Size 18. 


So for our workout we did the following:
20 football shuffles (rotating and leaning on each side)
20 elevated push ups
20 squats
15 dips off the coffee table
20 rows with elastic bands

Repeated 3X

Then we did the Jillian Michaels Standing Ab Workout!


Repeated 3X

 Then we went on a walk/hike/jog. We went up the mountain we usually hike. It was a nice cool down while still keep our heart rate going. Then on the way down we did a bit of jogging. My legs and butt were really feeling it so I was sooooo DONE by the time we reached Laura's house! Haha! 







2 comments: