Saturday, June 15, 2013

Non Scale Victories...ALLLLL week long! :)

Thursday, I started my day off by putting on a pair of jeans and had to do a double take to realize what I was seeing in the mirror! 
 Everyone who knows me, knows that I've never had a butt. EVER. So, you'll understand my surprise when I looked in the mirror and was able to see a butt! I wish I had taken a pictures months ago to compare, but I'm so excited by this small progress already!  :) Confidence, it's nice to meet you! :)

So, for my workout I waited until around 9 pm because it had been raining ALL night. I don't have room in my house to workout, but I have a nice yard that I can workout in :) I did a couple circuit workout and had a great evening working out in the fresh air! 


Yesterday, after work, I went to a friends house for her birthday BBQ. I ate pretty well, chose not to have alcohol and drank my water. However, I did have a small piece of cake and didn't feel horrible at all! I told myself that if I ate the cake I would POWER through my workout and make sure I gave it my all. So, I did the following as my working :) 

15 min on a stationary bike
Then I did this:

I ended with Jillian Michael's Standing Ab Workout
Each exercise 3xs

It was a great 60 minute workout! :) 



I usually take Saturday's off, but because I didn't workout last Sunday or Monday, I decided I wanted to run. :) I guess I should explain what crazy idea I had this week. 

It seems like with new found confidence and changing body, I'm finding myself wanting to do more. I want to accomplish more and reach more goals. I don't know if I'm impatient or eager...but I randomly saw that there is a 5k on July 13 in Missoula and I had a wild idea...

Maybe I could run in it? Not focusing on time, but just finishing. It starts at 8 am and awards are at 9:30 am. I don't know...I have a feeling that this crazy idea will have positive and negative responses from people I know. I feel that if I work hard up until the run, I could do it. I probably wouldn't do it in a fantastic time like most, but hey for still being over 200 lbs, running in a 5k is an accomplishment in its self, right?

I'm not sure. I'm going to run one more time and make up my mind by Wed. :) 

So, to focus on today's workout, I wanted to see if I could 1. beat my mile time 2. go further than a mile. 

My last miles have been 12:36 and then my next best one was 12:11 and this was tonights!


That's right, I got it under 12 minutes!!! I couldn't believe it! Cried a little bit :) 

So, I decided to push myself and keep going. During the last mile, I walked a couple times because I felt a bit tired in the legs and shins. When I hit the couple of hills going up, I would run and push through. It felt great! When I finished, I felt sooooo awesome! :) Here are some pictures! Here is the entire workout for the night. :) I feel pretty good about it. Especially walking a few times and this is the first time I've gone further than a one mile run. :) 






Now, I'm lounging on my couch and enjoying some t.v. Tomorrow, I plan on cleaning house and re-arranging my house. I think tomorrow I'll do a couple new workout videos from Fit Sugar. If I do some, I'll post about them then. :) 

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment