Sunday, June 23, 2013

Time to Catch Up!

I haven't blogged in like 8 days. I've been pretty busy with my workouts, work, finally getting settled in my house, and just spending time with my sister and nieces. I have done pretty well & am excited to share some pictures and what's been going on. I can't remember everything the past week or so, but I'll definately hit on some highlights and points. I think that after this post, I'm going to lean toward more on the meals, workouts, and self discovery I've come to learn and love. I do a lot of the same thing every single day, so instead of a play by play of my day, I'm going to share with you exactly what I use, cook, do for workouts, and what I come across when it comes to my journey! 

So last weekend, I beat my mile of 12:11 to 11:57...well I beat it AGAIN the next day!!! :) I was so excited. I cried, yet again when I beat the time :) I've come a long way!


Right: April 17 just over a week after starting my new life style. Left: Last weekend! :) 

 Last week, I had a LOT of non scale victories when it came to people noticing changes, old clothes fitting, and feeling overall AMAZING with my progress. 

My periods have been a bit messed up this month, I've had 3 total this month alone. I'm seeing my doctor and checking in with her a lot via phone to make sure I'm okay. It's good because I'm having pain on both sides (both ovaries), so I'm hopeful that things will level out soon. I know my body is getting used to being lighter, being more active, and eating better so weird changes like this is bound to happen! 


Went on the hike behind my house that I orginally started with, with Laura, and now what used to take me almost 20 minutes and a ton of breaks, I was done at the top in 12 minutes with only 2 breaks. 


I started this journey 11 weeks ago, two weeks after I started I took the pictures on the left hand side. On the right was this Friday. :) I see progress!!! YAY! 
 I have my measurements and before pictures (1 month in) at Laura's house and hopefully sometime this week or upcoming weekend I can compare. 

I've been feeling like my body is used to my workouts and circuits the past week because I haven't been sore. I'll push myself and go a bit longer for a workout or add another circuit, but when it comes to using different parts of my body I feel like I should do some more research and find more workouts. 

My sister, Aislinn told me about the "P.I.N.K Method" I had never heard of it, but after some light research I saw that it was a program made my women who sorta of retrain your body and metabolism with a meal plan and workouts. I don't believe in following a certain meal plan set, because I believe our bodies tell us what it wants and needs! As long as I'm making clean options and eating clean, I feel confident in my eating! :) However, I did do the level 3 cardio kickboxing session! PHEW! It really did kick by butt. I'm not really coordinated with the whole kickboxing thing, but I liked it and got better. It was 45 minutes long! 
After my kickboxing workout!

 

I am really enjoying cooking lately. Sometimes I go through phases where I get tired and don't want to cook, but it's so fun and nice knowing what's going in your meals! 


My "niece" Cheyenne posted this photo on instagram and it literally made my night when I saw it. A friend of mine told me that the most rewarding thing is when your family follows by your example. I know I post a lot on Instagram and Facebook about this journey, but I know that some day, I can and will inspire someone else. I know that if it wasn't for my friends who live healthy life styles on Facebook and Instagram that I would feel defeated some days. They help with that extra motivation I need. :) 

I went shopping today and rewarded myself with some new tops and a pair of sun glasses! :) So excited!

After I went shopping, I decided to clean out my closet and organize everything in my new dresser. I found a pair of size 15 skinny jeans and they fit! :) Currently I'm in a size 14/15 depending on the style of the jeans. I've come a long way from size 18!

Today's workout kicked my butt! :)

My arms were HUGE 3 months ago. I had no muscle! Now, I'm starting to see some definition and they are starting to tone up nicely. :)

Not drinking alcohol as much means that I get to drink lemon water in my nice wine glasses!

Tonight's Dinner! :)
Now, this sums up the past few days, so starting tomorrow I'll be writing down some recipes and posting them, sharing my entire workout routines, and also giving helpful tips and reminders to help when there comes times when we all feel a bit down! 

Have a good night all! :) Remember, you can find me on Instagram at @chelsea_is_changingxoxo 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment