Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Count Your Blessings...Every. Single. Day

Today, I woke up BEFORE my alarm went off. Weird, I know! Haha. 

I want to start off by saying THANK YOU for such positive and unbelievable feedback and reresponse to last night's posting about my PCOS. I had a lot of people on Instagram find my blog and reply in such a loving and supportive way! I even had a couple women find that my symptoms are similar to their own, which made them want to go see the doctor. It's all about knowledge and prevention ladies!

 

I had a banana, strawberry, organic fat free milk with metabolic drive protein powder for breakfast! Hating breakfast, I've found a protein shake goes and stays down easier!


For lunch I had a chicken burger with lettuce and tomato on top with a salad. 



Now, lets talk about my FAVORITE part of the day! Last week my Nana had a check up (a year after her colon surgery for her cancer) and the results came back today after they removed two polyps last week. CANCER FREE!!!!!! She doesn't have to go to get a colonoscopy for another 3 years! God is Great! ALL THE TIME! 




I spent a good 15 minutes crying to the Creator in thanks and absolute happiness. My nana is my life, next to my mom and I'm so happy that her fight and determination shows that she can overcome ANYTHING!  

Need a laugh? Here you go!   


Laura, Jason, and I did two seperate circuits :) 

 Laura posts daily workout challenges on her facebook page "Lets Lose It Together". Check it out & ask to join! She has a great outline for meals and nutritional guides for a low carb, high protein diet! :) She also has "healthified" recipes!

I wasn't wanting to workout AT ALL, which I knew meant I had to no matter what. This whole week has been difficult for me. I know it's my 6 weeks and that I might be running on empty or might be getting restless, but every single day I keep telling myself to keep pushing. I'm not sure how I feel about weigh in day. I know I've been working out and eating well (maybe not as often and as on time as usual and I've had a little more sodium than usual) but I know I'm giving it my best in my current "funk".

So, the next couple of days I really need to push myself to the point where I just feel PROUD of a non scale accomplishment. I think a trip home will help too, I know I'm missing my family A LOT! It's been almost 6 months since I've been home. 

I plan on making a daily workout plan before I go home so I can go to the community center and workout during my vacation home. I need to show myself that I can go on "vacation" and still eat clean and workout. If I can do that next week, I don't care what the scale will say the following Saturday! 

Check out what I had for dinner! A deer roast that cooked in the crock pot ALL DAY LONG! It was delicious. One of the best meals I've had in a long time! 

   
So, I still have to make my lunch for tomorrow, I'm thinking tilapia with a salad and fresh veggies

I'm getting pretty tired already and it's only 10, so I'm off to make a quick lunch and then head to bed. I hope everyone has a great night and day tomorrow! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment