Saturday, May 18, 2013

"I'm Going to Get a Paper Towel"--6 WEEKS!!!

Today marks 6 weeks since I decided to change my life. I've never gone 6 weeks straight on one of my "health kicks", I guess it's because this is so much more than a "health kick". Today was weigh in day also. Last week I was 229.2 and today I was:
224.4!!! Hello -4.8 lbs this week! :) 

 

I had such a tough week with my little moments of eating fast food because of stress, but I definately feel okay with what happened and I know i can make any set back into a come back! :) 


I woke up extremely hungry so I had one banana, four strawberries, two eggs, and two veggie patties. It seems like so much, but after my late night workout the night before, I totally don't mind! 

I got ready for going out for the day, but when I got done getting ready I had this sudden urge of fear go thru my mind. I thought of the graduation parties I was planning on attending and the beer and food and it scared me. I feel like I'm in a really fragile state because of earlier this week. So, I decided to make my lunch. Going to a party full, you'll be less likely to eat a bunch of junk food, because you're actually listening to your body. 

Lunch: romaine lettuce leafs, ground venison, tomatoes, and a little cheese. Delicious!!! I missed having venison. It was sooo yummy!    
  
 Here are a few "selfies" to show progress of facial differences and a full body shot! :) It doesn't hurt to take weekly progress pics! It's super motivating! 

Full body shot! I think I need a new mirror though. Haha.


 


 Once I had lunch, I just knew that I needed to workout. The temptations at the graduation parties really did scare me today. So, to keep my head focused and allow myself to use my fear as fuel, I simply went to Laura's to workout. 
We did a 25 minute "Learn and Burn" from Turbo Jam! (As weird as the moves were, it was an awesome workout--warm up). Once we finished that we did our normal push ups, rows with the elastic bands, rows with the weights, lunges, scissors, and donkey kicks. 

Here is my before and after workout picture!!! Today I have never had so much sweat on my face or chest before! It was crazzzy! Our favorite saying for today was "I'm sweating so much, I'm going to go get a paper towel."   
 

After we worked out, I went home to shower and come back for dinner. Jason made stuffed bell peppers. I haven't had bell peppers before because the smell typically makes me stick, but I LOVED the stuffed bell peppers!! 

Green bell pepper, turkey burger, rice, tomato, onions, and a little cheese. I'll definitely be making those in the future!!! 

Dinner was awesome and now we are watching Warm Bodies! So cute and funny so far! I'm going to end on one more note, hope everyone has a great night and day tomorrow. :) 


 

1 comment:

  1. I've totally made stuffed bell peppers before, there one of my favs! I'm soo proud of you!! You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete