Monday, May 20, 2013

Fighting a Funk.

Yesterday was a good day. I spent the morning and afternoon relaxing and of course cleaning house. For breakfast I made some scrambled eggs with venixon and diced tomatoes with fruit on the side. :) 
 


 
Yesterday's workout was awesome. Laura, her neighbor, and I went on a hour hike. We hadn't hiked that mountain in a couple of weeks I think so it definately was a good burn. I like how we didn't take but maybe 2 breaks the whole time. :) It was nice knowing that I could go up further and further without stopping. 6 weeks ago I had such a hard time hiking that mountain. After our hour hike we hung out for about 20 minutes until we decided to either do a circuit or some Zumba Dancing!!! :) In October/December when I was at my heaviest I did zumba as a warm up before my Jilian Michaels and let me tell ya...it was horrible!
 
Don't get me wrong, even now doing Zumba or Turbo Jam is tough because I feel so akward. I feel that my legs and arms are strong but my mid section is still not where I want it to be so I just have to push that insecurity out of my head and give it my all so that I get the most out of my workouts.
 
Here is the first one we did. I can't find the other three so tonight when I'm at Laura's I'll see what we did on her YouTube channel and post them! 


 

After the workout!!!
 
 
 
 
This weekend I've had a lot of people reach out and tell me that they love reading my blog. It surprised me becasue they were people I didn't know would ever find my rambling interesting, but I do want to say thank you.
 
My Instagram, blog, and Facebook page keeps me accountable and I wouldn't have been able to stay motivated some days without knowing that people want to hear about what I did for my workout or what recipe I tried. So thank you!!!!
 
On another note: I'm almost to my -20 lbs goal and then I plan on losing another 30 for a total of 50lbs. :) I obviously need and will lose more than 50, but when I hit my 50 mark I am going to give myself a makeover! :) My Aunt Sue and I have been talking about attending a spa once we both lose another 30 lbs. She has been doing fantastic on her journey and I can't wait until the weekend where we go to a spa and simply relax in all of our hard work.
 
I've definately been in a funk lately, not sure what it's about. I'm guessing some of the depression I fight without medication is creeping up on me or the simple fact that I miss my family and Keller. Who knows? Either way, I'm making a promise to myself right now that this week I will eat COMPLETELY clean, workout 6 days a week, & change my mind set with every new day. I've come too far to let fear, a funk, or myself stand in the way.
 
 
 
I'll try to post tonight after our workout. :) I also plan to start posting new recipes I try. I think this week I will try a Vegan Chocolate Mouse I found online. It includes DATES.....yuck!!!!! lol I know my sister, Julie would love it, so we shall see!
 
Thank you again everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment